Exporting Items From a Purchase Order to a File:
1. Login to AmberPOS and access the Inventory menu.
2. Select the Purchase Order tab and open the purchase order that you wish to export.
Step 1: Open the Purchase Order tab
Step 2: Select the Purchase Order that you wish to open and export.
Step 3: Select the Edit Selected Order option.
3. Overview of Order&Receive Menu:
Step 1: Select the Order&Receive tab.
Step 2: Select the SKU(s) in the purchase order that you wish to export.
Step 3: Select Print Reports/Labels to access the window to export the purchase order.
4. From the Print Reports/Labels option, select Print Labels for Selected Item(s).
5. Select Export, then in the window that appears type in a name for your export file and select Save in the bottom right corner.
Importing Items to a Purchase Order from a .csv File:
1. Fill out the excel form:
- In column A, type in the SKU(s) to be considered in the inventory PO import (include dimensions if they exist).
- In column B, type in the quantity each respective SKU.
2. Select File in the top right corner and then Save As from the drop down menu.
3. Save As Menu:
Step 1: Type in the name of the .csv file that you are saving.
Step 2: Click on the Save as type: field and from the drop down menu select .csv (Comma delimited)
Step 3: Select Save to finalize the .csv file changes.
4. Select OK for the first warning prompt.
5. Select Yes for the second warning prompt.
6. To Import from a .csv file, first have an open a purchase order.
7. For your purchase order in the Order&Receive tab, select Import and then Add from File.
8. Locate the directory of your .csv file that was saved earlier and select it and then select Open. Your list of SKUs should automatically appear in the purchase order in AmberPOS.
Importing previously exported Items to a Purchase Order:
1. To Import the previously exported purchase order file, first either create a new purchase order or select an existing one.
2. For your new purchase order in the Order&Receive tab, select Import and then Add from Scanner
3. Select the Scanner / File option in the bottom left corner of the window that appears.
4. Select Load List From File in the window that appears.
5. Selecting your export file:
Step 1: Locate where you previously saved the export file and select it
Step 2: Select Open in the bottom right corner of the window.
6. Select Process in the bottom right corner to transfer the imported items to your second purchase order.
7. Your newly imported items should appear in your second purchase order. You can continue to complete your purchase order as normal from this step. (See Purchase Order Guide for details)
Article written with AmberPOS version 4.14.05.05