1. Open excel and create a new document.
2. Fill out the excel form:
- In column A, type in the SKU(s) to be considered in the inventory count (include dimensions if they exist).
- In column B, type in the counted quantity each respective SKU.
3. Select File in the top right corner and then Save As from the drop down menu.
4. Save As Menu:
Step 1: Type in the name of the .csv file that you are saving.
Step 2: Click on the Save as type: field and from the drop down menu select .csv (Comma delimited)
Step 3: Select Save to finalize the .csv file changes.
5. Select OK for the first warning prompt.
6. Select Yes for the second warning prompt.
7. Login to AmberPOS and access the Inventory Menu.
8. In the Inventory Menu, select the Inventory Count tab near the top of the screen.
Step 1: Select the Inventory count tab.
Step 2: Select the Input Inventory Count sub-tab.
9. You must now generate an inventory snapshot as you would with a normal inventory count. Then, create a batch.
10. You can now load the list from your file:
Step 1: Select the Scanner / File button.
Step 2: In the window that appears, select Load List from File.
10. In the window that opens, select the .csv file that you saved onto your computer from excel and select Open in the bottom right corner of the window.
11. Once the import is complete, your list of SKUs and their counted quantities will appear in AmberPOS as shown in the image below: