If you would like, you can assign a point system to all or certain items within your inventory. When a customer purchases items that contain points, the points will accumulate over time. Once the customer has accumulated a certain number of points, they can then use these points in a future purchase.
1. To apply points to an item, first log into the system, then access the Inventory menu.
2. From the inventory screen, select the tab on the top, and the tab on the bottom.
3. Now select the sku to which you would like to apply the points, which will insert the item's information into the bottom window. Next, click on the Points field.
4. This will bring up the Customer Points Rule Editor window. To add a set amount of points per item purchased, use the Quick Add Points Value section at the top.
1. Enter the item's sku, which should already be filled in automatically but can be keyed in manually as well.
2. Set the start and end dates of your points award.
3. Enter the amount of points awarded to the customer per purchase of your item.
4. Click Add Points Value to add the points to the item.
5. You can create more detailed points rules using the button. This will add a blank rule to the rule field, which you can then select and modify using the Rule Details window below.
6. From here there are several values you can edit.
1. The Rule Name field will allow you to set a unique name for your new points rule, allowing you to easily look it up later.
2. Select the Points Value checkbox in order to enter a set number of points for this rule, or check the Points Ratio button to have the amount of reward points given be a percentage of the item's price. From this selection you have the option of using a percentage of either the regular price, the sell price, or the non-discounted price.
3. You can set the start and end dates for which your points rule will apply.
4. You can have the points rule apply to all or only certain stores, if applicable.
5. The Build Query button will allow you to select from even more specific rules for your points, such as only awarding them to VIP customers, or applying the rule to all SKUs higher than 1000, for example. (see: Building a Query)
7. Once you are satisfied with your selected rules, use the button to save, and then to close the window.
8. The next step would be to access the Setup menu, and go to the General Settings tab to setup the points exchange values.
Step 1: Enter an exchange rate for points to use.
Step 2: The Minimum Points to Redeem option designates the minimum amount of points required before a customer can spend any points. For example, if you set it to 50, but the customer has less than 50 points, they cannot spend any until they pass the minimum points threshold.
Step 3: The Point Intervals option designates the interval value at which points are spent. For example, if the value is 50, a customer can only spend points in groups of 50, 100, 150, 200, etc.
Step 4: Select Update to complete the changes.
-Viewing Reward Point Balances