If the Sales Summary Report does not match up to the Transaction Listing Report please look at the information below:
If you are comparing the Sales Summary Report and the Transaction Listing Report please make sure that you are looking at the same columns on both reports. The important columns have been highlighted in different colors below to show you how the data matches up between the two reports.
In the example below 1 transaction was recorded with an Item which was sold for $80, which was discounted by $20 from its original amount of $100 dollar sell price. Then $8 tax was applied to the $80 discounted sell price which makes the total amount of the transaction $88 dollars.
In the below sales summary report you can see the same numbers as above but the names of some of the columns are a bit different.
Below is an example of what would happen if you created another transaction on the same day but you did not re-save the Day End again.
If you compare the Transaction Listing Report above and the Sales Summary Report below you will notice some discrepancies in the totals. Above the total amount sold was $192.50 but below its only showing $88.00.This is because the day end was not re-saved so the Sales Summary report will not show the proper numbers.
Please notice the yellow box around the * which is to the left of the date, this indicates that there was another sale that was done after the day end was originally saved. Also if the day end was not saved at all you will be missing this day on the Sales Summary report as well.
Items to look at when the reports show discrepancies:
- Please reboot the server computer and load up AmberPOS again
- Go through every day end and re-save them if they are missing or have a * to the left of the date.
- Make sure your AmberPOS has a current backup completed from last night and the backup icon is green
- If you are using AmberPOS as part of a Multi-Store operation, please make sure Synchronization is online at all stores including the Head Office
- If your AmberPOS is suppose to have a secondary FullHistory Database please makes sure it is present. (Pacific Amber Support Staff can check this for you)
If your still showing discrepancies after checking the above suggestions, please contact Pacific Amber Tech Support at 1-866-919-0123 and let them know of your discrepancy.