**Note** In order to setup attributes for your webstore, you must first purchase the webstore license from Pacific Amber and contact an AmberPOS representative to enable the attributes field for your webstore in AmberPOS. Otherwise, your webstore attributes fields will remain hidden and inaccessible.
2. Under the setup menu, select the tab near the top left corner.
3. In the bottom half of the screen, select the tab.
4. Overview of webstore attributes:
Step 1. This section is where you fill in the webstore access information.
Step 2. Click after your information has been filled in.
Step 3. Click to verify that the webstore access information is correct. (May take a few seconds).
**Note** If AmberPOS stops responding or crashes during Test Web Connection, this is usually due to an incorrect version of AmberPOS and requires that you update it. Contact an AmberPOS representative to update the version of AmberPOS to one that is compatible with the webstore feature.
5. If the webstore access information is correct and your version of AmberPOS is compatible with the webstore, you should receive this message:
API Primary means of communication of data between AmberPOS and Bigcommerce.
WebDAV is an internet protocol which will be used in this instance for image importing/exporting.
1. Login to AmberPOS. Then go to Setup -----> Stores -----> Attributes.
Shopping Cart Type:
The attribute field in AmberPOS should be set to "bigcommerce2Full" without the quotations.
This is the e-mail address you use to login to your bigcommerce account.
1. To obtain this information you will need to login to bigcommerce and look at your user accounts.
2. Next, select to edit the account that you use to login to bigcommerce with.
3. Towards the bottom of the screen you will find the field for your password. Copy this and paste it into your WebDAV Password attribute. Note that if you ever have to generate a new password for this field that you will need to update this information in AmberPOS.
To ensure the account you are using has WebDAV enabled please follow the steps in this article: Setup WebDAV with Bigcommerce
Simply enter into the field "\product_images\import" without the quotations.
Web Store URL:
To acquire your Web Store URL, use the same Store URL Address that you used to login to your bigcommerce store. Paste this into the Web Store URL field in AmberPOS.
Web Service URL:
You can obtain this address from the API path in bigcommerce. To find this information please follow the directions below.
1. After you have logged-in, navigate to your Legacy API Accounts.
2. Next, select the action to "Edit" your account.
3. On the screen you will see the screen displayed to the screenshot below. For your Web Service URL you will want to refer to the field labelled with the character "F" in red. Each other field is labelled as reference to be populated for your attributes in the steps that follow.
The API Path will be entered in the Web Service URL field. You will need the API token for field (H).
Web Service User:
Please Refer to the Username field in the third screenshot for resourcing your Web Service URL. Copy this Username and paste it into your Web Service User attribute.
Web Service Token:
Please Refer to the API token field in the third screenshot for resourcing your Web Service URL. Copy this API Token and Paste it into your Web Service Token attribute.
Enter into the field "/product_images" without quotation marks.
Web DB User/Web DB Password/Web DB Name:
If you see these fields appear you can disregard them as they were part of an older means of integration. Newer versions won't include them so don't be alarmed if you do not see them.
Type in the numerical values of which stores you desire to combine the local and web quantities of. The example shown in the image depicts the local store (1) combined with the webstore (2). These numerical values are seperated by a comma. (Example: 1,2)
*Note* You will have discrepancies between your webstore and local quantity if the local quantity is below 0 for one or more stores.
Web Updates (Minutes): The set frequency (in minutes) that the local store will send updated information via API to the webstore. (e.g. quantities of items transferred) (Example: 5)
Auto-Transfer Store ID: The ID of the local store (cannot be the webstore) that you desire for an automatic transfer of quantity to occur from the local store towards the webstore after a web transaction. (Example: 1)
Inventory Quantity Adjustment: A quantity buffer that will be added on top of the QOH from your local store. This will apply to each individual dimension of the SKU. (Example: value 10 + QOH 8 = 18 available online)
QOHSyncStartDate: The minimum date that the system will sync your information from. This can be used to prevent loading unnecessary old information.
BriteVerify API Key: This is not bigcommerce related, though it appears next to these attribute fields. If you have an account with Briteverify (www.briteverify.com) then you will be able to validate customer e-mails when you enter them into AmberPOS.
Ignore Orders Update: If you see this field appear you can disregard it as it was part of an older means of integration. Newer versions won't include it so don't be alarmed if you do not see it.
Show RP Savings: This will allow you to show RRP Price and Sale price on all items if checked on. It overwrites the retail price with Regular price on all items.
If this box is UNCHECKED, Amber will update the Retail Price to be 0
When this is checked on Price and Retail Price will be filled out with the regular price in Amber. Sale Price will be filled out by special price and produce the results below.
Retail Price, Syncs from Amber when "Show RP Savings" is turned on. Will mirror Regular Price.
Sale Price, Will sync from Amber. Will reflect special price of the item.
**** By Default the AmberPOS Regular Price will be populated on the Sale price in Big Commerce to cancel out the sale price as long as item price sync and global store sync is on. ****
If you wish to force the Sale Price to zero once a sale price ends you will need to create an attribute in store settings called "SalePriceToZero" as a check box and turn this on.
Additional attributes (Recommended)
Max Number of objects in HTTP return: Increases the length before time-out for the updating of LC database. (Default Value is 250 Set to less for less time outs.)
LC general resources update timeout: This value represents the time interval in minutes between LC background updates for general resources only (this value has no effect for items, customers and orders, use 60 as default).
MaxThread#:This attribute allows you to adjust the multi-threading power allocated to the CPU specifically for AmberPOS functions. Increasing the value of the attribute will increase the speed of the AmberPOS functions, but requires more CPU power. It will affect the following functions in AmberPOS:
1. Loading data from Amber/LC to our GUI;
2. Updating data in LC
3. Uploading items from Amber to the Web.
Create this attribute as a store attribute with an integer value.
By default, if this attribute is not added, your AmberPOS software will set the value to 25.
However, with this attribute, you can set the value to any number. WARNING: setting the value too high may slow down your computer significantly if the CPU is not fast enough.
- 0 will turn off cpu multi-threading completely
- 25 will use 25% of the cpu multi-threading power (default) *** As of version 04.15.9.15 Default Threading has been set to 5 ***
- 100 is the max value, and will use 100% of the cpu multi-threading power (only recommended for i5, i7 or faster)
(This attribute requires an AmberPOS version of 4.14.11.07 or later)