** Top image must be at least 380px height to print balance over image space. Adjust image to have white space at the bottom to accommodate that printed value in the space**
If you would like to automatically convert points to a coupon for the customer to use on his next purchase, the automatic points to coupon feature is what you are looking for.
1. The first step is to create 2 image files and put them under the AmberPOS folder. The two image files must be called couponbot.bmp for bottom half of the coupon image and coupontop.bmp for the top half of the coupon image.
2. Both files must have specific size dimensions.
- The top coupon file dimensions are 531 pixels wide by 500 pixels high.
- The bottom coupon file dimensions are 531 pixels wide by 255 pixels high.
3. Next, create a points rule to give 1 point per dollar spent in the points editor. Please add an exclusion to make sure you're not discounting any other coupon SKU's at the same time.
4. Go Settings -> Stores -> select your store. Now you must turn on the switch titled: "49 – Convert to Coupon once points reach minimum redeem points".
5. In Setup and General settings under payment types you will see the points payment type. You need to set the minimum points to redeem to the value at which you want the coupon to print out at. Once you have reached the minimum points you will now be able to receive a coupon on your next transaction.
6. On your next transaction the minimum points to redeem will now be removed from the customer’s account and a coupon will be printed.
7. To set the dollar amount of coupon you will need to adjust the exchange rate of the points payment type. So the exchange rate of 0.05 would be a $5 dollar coupon. You must also set a points interval. This value can be any value of your choice. Points intervals designate the interval value at which points are spent. For example, if the value is 50, a customer can only spend points in groups of 50, 100, 150, 200, etc.
8. Create a SKU Called CouponRedeem with zero price which will act as the place holder for the coupon when you scan it. Enable QOH=0 for this sku so that it does not track stock quantity.
9. Once a coupon is printed you can scan the coupon into the next sale to receive that coupons value discount on your sale items. After this coupon has been used up it cannot be used again as the system tracks this.
** Top image must be at least 380px height to print balance issued above the barcode. Image must be at least that height otherwise the balance will be omit.**