Importing Items into a Transaction Using a .CSV File/Inventory Scanner
Getting the .CSV File Ready
Step 1. On the .CSV file make sure you have the item(s) SKU(s) in the first column, and purchase qty in the second column.
***DO NOT LABEL THE COLUMNS AS THIS WILL CAUSE THE POS TO IMPROPERLY READ THE FILE AND WILL CAUSE AN ERROR PREVENTING IMPORT.
Importing the .CSV File to AmberPOS
Step 1. Log in to the POS section of Amber and click the load button that is highlighted in the following screenshot.
Step 2. The following window will appear. Select the Scanner/File button.
Step 3. The following window will appear.
1. Load List From File: This option will allow you to navigate to a file located on your computer.
2. Load List From Scanner: This option will allow you to load a list of scanned items from an inventory scanner.
3. Upload SKU List to Scanner: Select this option to upload a list of available items to the scanner so it is it able to register the codes you are scanning. Scanning will not function unless you upload the list of SKUs first.
4. Create Sku List File: Select this option to manually generate the skulist.txt file that can be manually populated on the inventory scanner using file manager. The file is produce in the AmberPOS software sub folder titled "Count" (C:\Program Files (x86)\Pacific Amber\AmberPOS\Count).
5. Clear Scan List From Scanner: Clears list of scanned items from scanner. This should be done between transactions to clear lists of previously scanned items.
***For this method please chose option 1, Load List From File.
Step 4. After selecting the Load List From File button, Amber opens a window which allows you to navigate to the .CSV file on your computer. Select the file and press the open button.
***If you don’t see the file you are looking for, make sure in the dropdown near the bottom of the window you have Count Files (*.csv;* .txt;* .dat;*, etc.) selected.
Step 5. Once the file loads the items will appear as in the picture below. To process payment, click the Process button, and the items will be pulled into the Point of Sale.
Step 6. Once back in the POS window, proceed to processing payment as normal.