The first possible solution is to enable a setting in AmberPOS to only open the cash drawer for cash payments. To do this:
1. Login to AmberPOS and access the Setup Menu.
2. Overview of Setup Menu:
Step 1: Select the Stores tab.
Step 2: In the bottom half of the screen, select the Others tab.
Step 3: Click the next to the first option in the list called "Cash Drawer open...." to enable the setting to only open the cash drawer for cash transactions.
3. Select in the bottom right corner to finalize the changes. Then restart AmberPOS.
If your cash drawer is opening after every transaction regardless of the AmberPOS setting, this occurs because the settings for the driver software installed on your computer for the Citizen CT-S801 override the AmberPOS setting. In order to bypass this issue the driver settings have to be disabled.
1. Click Start Menu in the bottom right corner of your windows screen.
2. Select Devices and Printers
3. Right click Citizen CT-S801
4. Select Printing Preferences
5. Under Printing Preferences menu, select Advanced...
6. EXpand Document Options.
7. Expand Printer functions.
Step 1: Expand the Cash Drawer #1 setting and ensure the Open at: field is set to Never.
Step 2: Expand the Cash Drawer #2 setting and ensure the Open at: field is set to Never.
8. Press OK to exit.