This article will guide you on how to enable scanning QR codes for both the Dolphin 6100 and 6500 inventory scanners. This process will be identical for both scanners (other than powering up the device) as they use the same software.
1. To begin setting the QR values for the Dolphin 6100/6500, power up the machine screen.
2. Your screen will load and show Windows CE 5.0 with AmberPOS count shown on the desktop (this will be the same for both the 6100 and 6500).
To access the settings menu:
3. Click the scanwedge icon in the taskbar. If this icon is not visible for you, then you must first enable scanwedge.
4. Select Settings.
5. In the new window select Symbologies.
6. Scroll down the list, locate, then double tap on the QR code option.
7. The first number in the list must be changed from 0 to 1. You can do this by highlighting the number with your stylus, and then using the number-pad on your scanner to change the value to 1. This will enable the scanner to read QR codes. All the values should be shown as 1,1,3500,0,0,0,0,0,0
8. Exit the screen and then the following screen by clicking the red X in the top right corner until the following window appears:
Select Yes to save your changes.