If a customer wishes to purchase an item that you do not have in stock, you can create a special order for the customer and order in the item that they would like to purchase.
First, insert the customer's item(s) into the transaction screen (Making a Detailed Sale) and when finished, select the button to bring up the process payment window.
- At the bottom of the window select the Invoice field to open your list of transaction types. Select Special Order from this list.
- If you would like to apply an expiry date to the special order select the Expired On field to reveal a drop down menu and select a date.
- If you wish to obtain a deposit for the order, insert the deposit into the appropriate payment field.
Press to finish.
Items that are special ordered will have a quantity allocation in the software that they need to be ordered for the customer.
**If you would like to create a special order for an item which has not been assigned a SKU in your system, you will want to use the Special SKU function.**
- Adding Special Orders to a Purchase Order
- Displaying a List of Special Orders
Article written with AmberPOS version 4.14.05.05