1. Login to AmberPOS and access the POS menu.
2. Create a layaway transaction (see here for details). Or a special order transaction (see here for details).
3. Access the POS screen again, select the customer that you created the layaway or special order for and select Recall Trns. button or press the F3 key on your keyboard.
4. The Recall Transactions window will appear:
Step 1: Select your transaction.
Step 2: Select the Recall Transaction option.
5. Overview of the Recall Transaction Details screen:
Step 1: First select the item for editing.
Step 2: You have a secondary option of selecting all the items in the list at once or clearing all the items selected at once.
Step 3: Here you have the option to change the Price or Quantity of existing items in the transaction, or add new items. You can also delete any items that are no longer desired for sale.
Step 4: From the Change Status to: dropdown field, you can change the status of the order to a different one. For example, if the item is a layaway, you can change the status of the item to a Special Order, or vice versa. One of the options is to also put the item on hold, but it functions the same as a layaway. When you complete the Special Order or Layaway, you must select the Convert to Invoice option to remove the "outstanding" status and finalize it as an invoice.
** For creating new or editing existing status types, see the Setting Up Item Status Types guide)
Step 5: You can create notes for any changes made in this field, and the notes will later appear in step 7.
Step 6: Select the Make Changes option to complete any of the changes made in the steps above.
Step 7: After your changes are completed, you can view the history of them by selecting the View History Changes option near the top right corner of the screen.