Purchase Orders: A Step by Step Guide
Flowchart: View full size image here
1. The first step to a successful purchase order is to create a new blank purchase order.
2. Once you have an empty order, you are ready to add the items you would like to order. There are several different methods to accomplish this:
From a Scanner: Exporting a SKU List from a Scanner to a Purchase Order
Automatically (via re-order points): Automatically Adding Items to a Purchase Order
3. Look over your ordered items and make any changes or corrections needed.
4. When you are satisfied with your order, create an invoice to send to your vendor.
5. Once your ordered items arrive at your store, re-open the purchase order to receive and post the items.
6. Pay the vendor invoice and record your payment.
Article written with AmberPOS version 4.14.05.05